Skip to content

Neccesary Fact of Bali

March 13, 2008

Bali is one of more than 17,000 island of Indonesia which makes up the largest archipelago in the world. A volcanic chain of mountains streching across the island with deep ravines and rivers. The mountains with their considerable cooler climate to the plains is the heart of farming for fruit and vegetables and many rice terraces flourish. View the spectacular rice fields which are exquisitely carved into hills and valleys sparkling with water vividly green or golden brown. Almost 85% of Balinese are Hindus with Christians, Buddhists and Moslem s making up the remaining 15%. Bali Hinduism is at least 3,000 years old and is an interpretation of religious ideas from China, India and java. The Balinese have strong animist beliefs and spirits dominate their daily life which include daily offerings of fruits and flowers to appease angry deities. Every village has three big temples dedicated to three main manifestations of the almighty God those are; The God of Creator, The God of Preserver and The God of Destroyer. Numerous colorful temple ceremonies take place throughout the year. Balinese have their own Language ‘Bahasa Bali’ Bahasa Indonesia is their National Language, English is mostly understood in tourist areas. The daily temperature ranges between 23° C to 30° C, depending on the time of year. Similar to the rest of Indonesia, there are two seasons in Bali. The rainy season from October to March and the dry season from April to September. The lowest humidity is around 60% from July to September. The best rate of exchange if from the bank, although money changers are very competitive. Money can also be changed at your hotel reception desk but the rates are often lower than money changers. Normal banking hours are 08.30 a.m to 02.30 p.m Monday to Friday, money changers are usually open until 06.00 p.m or later. Personal cheques are almost never accepted. The major credit cards (American Express, Dinners Club, Visa, Mastercard) are generally accepted by hotels, large restaurant and shops. Restaurant and shops may ask you to pay a 3% surcharge if you want to pay by credit card. Leave your valuable belonging, tickets, passport, money in the hotel. Safety deposit boxes are available in your room or at the front desk. Metered Taxis can be found in or just outside yours hotels, you should always ensure the meter will be used before getting into taxi. The local public buses are called Bemo, there are no designated bus stops, you simply wave a bemo down on the street. Shout ‘Stop’ when you want to get off! Please remember that bemo vehicles and taxis in Bali do not have passengers liability insurance. Most hotels and restaurants add 21% tax and service charge, additional tipping is not always expected but is always appreciated.

From → Candi Bentar

One Comment
  1. Wirawan permalink

    How about the accomodation in Bali?

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: